Monday, June 14, 2010

Friday 11th June... thanks to the wind for waiting for me

After being a good samaritain all day and on a windy day too... the wind held out so I could have a kite before work!
Rushing around shopping for mum whose going into hospital, donating goods to various places picking up kids from school... got to beach for sun and lovely WSW wind. Not too gusty but strong with big smooth waves hmmmm. Then a front or some such weather thing happened and it got crazy. For a split second I thought ... oh unpredictable big wind on 9m kite, should be careful, and then I came to my senses and made the most of the big gusts and got some huge elevators. Nearly landed on the beach with one! Ah what fun!!! There wre a few guys out on 7m kites and one on 10m. When the gust came a guy on a 10m left his board and did a running on water thing all the way to shore... very funny to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment