Monday, June 14, 2010

Tuesday 8th June - kiting in cold wind with rain = icecream headache... without the calories!

Nice little kite today. The difference between summer and winter kiting. A good summer session is long and you learn something. A good winter session is short and you stay dry as long as possible. Once your head hits the water, time on the water is limited. I cut my foot on the way back to the car and didnt notice until it defrosted after my hot shower at home!!! I love my heated wetsuit, it totally rocks, didnt really need it on the crossing, it wasnt that cold a day and I was working it all the time, but at brighton in winter it is soooo sweeeet! My hands and feet and eventually my head freezes, but I could always wear my booties, gloves and hat ... if it was that important to feel my extremities!
Too scared to try any tricks that might cause excess splash or even worse a crash and full submersion!!! But still love to get out and ride. Feels great when the sun is shining and my tunes are playing on my iphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment