Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sun 31st Jan Swim School then kiting a storm....

After a wonderful 1st weekend back at Swim 4 All including Emily's 21 st Birthday Party in the middle, I finished off kiting the weather change. I arrived in a northerly... pumped up in a westerly with all the beach goers rushing to their cars and kited in a Westerly, South Westerly and Southerly.... 10 - 40 knots!
Not that I mind showing off in front of hundreds of beach goers but in a gusty northerly sharing the beach with that many people is not ideal. Having them all run for cover when I arrive and having the beach and water to myself... mmmm paradise.
Normally love the big boosts but had trouble getting air on the big big board that its owner Louis says I need to spend a month riding to get used to. Shame I only have a couple of weeks to go before the big BS. Did practice turning on it... hard work and still head butting the water a bit!
More practice required..
So heaps of work to do but my new revelation is a little relaxation instead of cramming something productive into every waking moment might be better for my health and long term goals...
So I'm going to watch "Up" now... and not work on the computer at the same time..
anyone out there think I can do it??

No comments:

Post a Comment