Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Monday 8th March public holiday crazy weather as usual

Spent the morning trying to get a dr to c maddy on a public holiday and get some antibiotics for her ear ache. $140 and an episode of little house on the Praire and maddy was feeling well enough for me to go for a kite. Not feeling very inspired after my false alarm the day before but wanting to try out the new foot pad arrangement. At the beach I pump up my 10m then can't pile enough sand on it to keep it on the beach. As others scurry for cover I pump up my 7m and go out overpowered. I am amused to see a bunch of guys loose control of a trainer kite and chase it down the beach. Less than 10 min later I am underpowered and come in to dig out my burried 10m and go back out. After another 10 min I end up swimming the last bit. Walk back up the beach worried about people coming out on 12m kites. I go for another run and wind picks up big time again, I make it back in OK with some guys surfboard as he is resued by lifesavers. Back on the 7m I see a few more rescues. Crazy northerly wind kept me on my toes for about 4 hours. Then made it to swim training. After all that kiting, did have a little trouble making 25's on 20 sec!

No comments:

Post a Comment