Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday 7th March - another false alarm

Today started so well.... wind still forecast good for Wed. Forecaster a bit worried about the swell size which is still forecast at 4+ meters but I'm willing to give it a go. 1st time we have had a whole day of wind in the right direction... how bad can big waves be?
Then I chat to the boat captain who explains how bad big waves can be... for instance if I crash the boat will struggle to come back to me as it cant be hit side on by the waves that size, and if they are predicted to be that big near shore what will we get in the middle? Even though I'm willing I must consider the safety of the boat and crew..
So we wait again... captains suggestion to wait til next season didn't go down well!!!

We went to visit Bay at his camp for a picnic lunch today which went really well. He is doing so well.
Then wine with friends until I couldn't take the commiserating any longer.. now I'm going clean up all the mess that I've been putting off until after Bass Strait :(
Not quite as fun as driving down the coast in this storm to pack the boat ready for Tassie, but at least its something productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment