Friday, February 12, 2010

Feb 12th - Nationals On... crossing might be delayed

Not a good day today...
Started with Bob telling me wind forecast for next weeks crossing has died right down... I'm still optimistic that it will change again though. If its not on next week the boat is unavailable the week after and it will be postponed til the first week of march. Not an outcome I'm hoping for!
Then the Nationals.
Lets just say I didn't have a great run, but I am totally stoked with all the girls I met and for the support from them, and all the crowd, including world record kiter Kirsten Boesse. Having her say I was the best out there and being willing to put in a protest for me totally made my day.
I hope I get to catch up with all the girls again and that those jaded by the experience don't give up :)
Over the last 3 days I have really enjoyed being around so many sporty girls with the same passion for kiting.
I've never seen so many girls kiting in one place, and even though Im really happy kiting with all the guys at my local beach it was really really nice to spend the last 3 days chatting to girls about kiting and comparing tricks that most of you Brighton Beach guys cant do!! ha ha....

No comments:

Post a Comment