Monday, February 15, 2010

Feb 13th ... Nationals call back

Head judge calls me at 11.40am to say the last 2 minutes of my last heat will be re-run can I be ready at 12pm.
Drive from home to StKilda with wetsuit on over whatever i was wearing when he called... pump up kite run into comp area and do 2 min worth of tricks. Just did ones I knew I would land.. obviously not enough to impress. Should have done my F16 to revert with a handlepass.. but was so rushed and nervous I thought I wouldnt land it and then I would get no more points. Ended up not mattering as I didnt get through. I did appreciate them giving me the second chance though. Maybe next year I will do better when I can practice and I dont have Bass Strait to worry about.
Had a great day at work after that .. everyone very supportive and excited about my pending crossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment