Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday 20th Feb... more training and swim school

A few hours in a strong and very very gusty northerly this morning. Tricky coming into the beach and trying to hold an edge on my toe side going 40km hour. Pretty much everyone who came out promptly packed up and left, but it was good practice for me in crazy wind. While I was out wind went from 15 knots to 35 knots. The 10 m crossbow I intend to use for the crossing handled it all well. It was tricky to hold on at the extreme end ... felt like my arms were being extended. Might get back into competitive swimming after this, I will have quite an advantage when my arms are longer.
No great sea life today... unless you count the jelly fish. Whoever is giving them steroids please stop they are huge and horrible. Surely they are a delicacy in some culinary culture and someone can come fish them all out? Got a sting on my bum.. how the rotten critter got up my shorts is beyond me. Serves me right for not training in the full wet suit. But it was 40 degrees and I did have everything else on. It takes me 45 minutes to get kite up and dressed and I look like a walking gadget.
I'm looking forward to putting on some bathers, boardies and going straight out for a kite on my lovely twin tip when this is over!!!
Very hot at the swim school today.. had to get in for a swim to cool down. All the kids, teachers and parents were great as usual. Thanks to Maria who was receptionist while I took a dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment