Saturday, February 20, 2010

Friday 19th Feb - dolphins, rays and penguins

Great training session out on the Bay.
After 2 hours of just going back and forth I was getting a little bored with my own company... and yes I know i have to do that 6 or 7 times over, but when I do the crossing it will be heading in one direction to a new destination not just a km away from beach and then back and over and over and over...
Anyway back to being bored with myself.. I spotted a little black fin a few metres away.
Part of me was saying go back to the beach.. take no risks and the other less sensible but stronger willed part says lets just go see what it is.
The crazy part payed off as I got closer 5 little dolphins jumped out of the water.
I squealed so loud I scared them off... bummer.
A few runs later I saw two bigger ones, but wind was dropping and they were traveling upwind so I couldn't catch them.
Then an eagle ray swam under my board... so graceful. I think I would like to be an eagle ray in another life.
Then I saw a little penguin.. he was so cute that I got a little close to the reef and lost a fin.
Big big board turns way faster without it so I think its actually a good thing!!!
After a good day on the water was home in time for Maddy's school BBQ... where her class stayed partying the longest ... till the last teacher had to kick us out so she could lock up. Did we go home then... no back to someones house to party on..
go grade 5!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment